Since Kimoby is an instant messaging platform, you need a designated phone number to use the service, which will be visible to your customers. You cannot use your personal mobile number; we will provide you with a Kimoby number.
On top of the phone number your customers see, we may use multiple phone numbers to send messages. This will ensure that messages are sent faster.
When you first log in to the app, you will choose your phone number.
- View Your Phone Numbers
- Registering Your Phone Number in the Campaign Registry
- Porting a Phone Number to Kimoby
- Displaying Your Texting Phone Numbers
View Your Phone Numbers
To access your phone numbers:
- Select your name at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Company settings.
- Select Phone numbers in the Company Settings sub-menu.
In the Phone Numbers section, you will view all of your Kimoby phone numbers.
These phone numbers are used to send messages to customers. Kimoby uses multiple phone numbers to send messages to customers so that texts are sent faster.
As soon as a customer has contacted you by text message, the customer will remain associated with the number they were first contacted with.
Even though these are your texting phone numbers, if a client calls them, they will automatically be redirected to your company’s phone number.
Registering Your Phone Numbers in the Campaign Registry
The 10 DLC industry standard requires that all A2P (app-to-person) phone numbers be registered in the Campaign Registry. Please fill out this questionnaire to help us register your business on your behalf.
Please note that you can only choose one phone number for your business if you have more than one.
Porting a Phone Number to Kimoby
With Kimoby, you have two options to port your phone number: full phone number ports (voice calls and SMS) or Hosted Numbers (SMS only). To do so, you will have to contact our support team.
Full Phone Number Ports
A full phone number port means that the phone number will be completely transferred from its current provider to Kimoby’s (bandwidth). Note that this includes voice (call) services that a phone number provides, meaning that once the port is complete, the former provider will no longer have control over this phone number.
This option is recommended
- If you want to transfer a phone number from an existing SMS solution similar to Kimoby’s (CallFire, MyKarma, TextToDrive) and want to keep your current phone number.
- If you have your VOIP phone number for texting and want to transfer everything to Kimoby to stop your current service.
This option is NOT recommended
- If the phone number is your business phone number.
- If the phone number is a mobile phone number.
Please note that porting a phone number is a process that can take up to four weeks, depending on the type of number you are porting and the country the number is located in.
If you wish to port a number to Kimoby, you will need to provide us with the following information and documentation:
Letter of Authorization (LOA)
You will need to download and complete our Letter of Authorization, available here.
Please provie us with the following information:
- First name and last name
- Business name (if the service is in your company's name)
- Service address on file with the current carrier (physical location only, cannot be a PO box)
- List all the phone numbers you wish to change from your current phone service provider to Kimoby. During this time, do not close your account with your carrier and keep your numbers active.
- Sign and date the completed Letter of Authorization.
- Most recent phone bill, which includes the phone numbers you wish to port to Kimoby. If your provider does not provide you with a bill, please include a receipt of phone number purchase and/or a screenshot of your account portal with the number included.
Please send all information and documents to email@example.com.
Hosted Phone Numbers (SMS only)
A hosted phone number means that the phone number will still be functional for voice services under the current provider, but Kimoby will host the SMSs. Once this process is complete, the other service will stop receiving SMSs.
This option is recommended
- If you want to use your business phone number as a texting phone number on Kimoby. This option is also possible if your current business phone number is already hosted on another texting solution (such as CallFire).
- If you have a VOIP phone number that you wish to use for texting on Kimoby but still want to handle calls on another service.
This option is NOT recommended
- If the phone number is a cell phone number.
If you wish to go with the Hosted Phone Numbers option, you must provide us with a filled-out Letter of Authorization (LOA).
Please complete our Letter of Authorization, available here.
Once we receive the letter, a technical support member will be in touch with you to complete the process.
Displaying Your Texting Phone Numbers
Having found your texting phone numbers, you can feature any number of your choosing anywhere you wish to, in order for your customers to text you instead of calling.
You can feature it on your business cards, on a brochure, on your website, etc.
Featuring Your Texting Phone Number on Your Website
You can display your texting phone number on your website, business cards, brochures, and more so that customers can start texting you instead of calling you.
Add your phone number without spaces and parentheses.
Here is the HTML code to integrate your phone number on your website in order to redirect the customer to a new text message when clicking on your texting phone number.
<a href="sms:1234567890">Text Us</a>
The link will only work on mobile phones. If you try clicking it from a desktop, the link will not work.