The Data collected depends on how our services are used. Sometimes we receive Data directly, such as when a Kimoby account is created. Other times, we collect Data by recording interactions with our services by, for example, using technologies like cookies and web beacons. We also get Data from third parties, like our financial partners or identity verification services.
The collection and use of various Data sources is essential to our ability to provide our Services and keep our Services safe. Data is critical in helping us increase the safety of your personal information, your online payments, and reduce the risk of fraud, money laundering and other harmful activity.
2. Data we collect
2.1. Personal Data
Data that identifies or that could reasonably be used to identify users, clients, entities or any other person as an individual is labeled "Personal Data". We collect Personal Data in different ways. For example, when a business registers in a Kimoby account, when a customer makes payments or conducts transactions through a user’s website or application or when a person responds to Kimoby's emails or surveys. We also receive Personal Data from other sources such as our partners, financial service providers, identity verification services and publicly available sources. Personal Data does not include Data that has been aggregated or made anonymous and can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person. The Personal Data collected includes:
- Contact details, such as name, address, telephone number, email address;
- Financial and transaction Data such as credit or debit card number and bank account information;
- Other Personal Data such as date of birth, SSN or EIN.
2.2. Other Data
We call any different Data from personal, "Other Data". We collect other Data through a variety of sources. One of our sources for other data is cookies and other technologies that record data about the use of our website that implements our services, and the use of our services generally. Other Data that we may collect include:
- Browser and device Data such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of our services you or your clients may be using;
- Transaction Data such as purchases, purchase amount, date of purchase and payment method;
- Cookie and tracking technology Data such as time spent on our Services, pages visited, language preferences and other anonymous traffic Data;
- Company Data such as a company’s product and service offerings, jurisdiction and company records.
3. How we use Data
3.1. Personal Data
We and our service providers use Personal Data to:
- Provide services;
- Detect and prevent fraud;
- Mitigate financial loss or other harm to users, customers and Kimoby;
- Promote, analyze and improve our products, systems and tools.
Examples of how we may use Personal Data include:
- Verify an identity for compliance purposes;
- Evaluate an application to use our Services;
- Conduct manual or systematic monitoring for fraud and other harmful activity;
- Respond to inquiries, send service notices and provide customer support;
- Process a payment with Kimoby Pay communicate regarding a payment, and provide related customer service;
- Audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards;
- Develop new features;
- Send marketing communications;
- Improve or modify our Services;
- Conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that enables us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of, our business.
3.2. Other Data
We may use other Data for a range of different purposes, as long as complied with applicable law and our contractual commitments.
4. How we disclose Data
Kimoby does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share Personal Data with trusted third parties, including:
4.1. Kimoby's affiliates
We share Data with entities worldwide that we control, are controlled by us or are under our common control to provide our services. Kimoby is the party responsible for overall management and use of the data by these affiliated parties.
4.2. Kimoby's service providers
We share Data with service providers helping us provide our services. Service providers help us through payment processing (i.e., banks, credit bureaus, payment method providers), website hosting, Data analysis, information technology and any related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery and auditing.
4.3. Our users
We share Data with users (such as merchants and application providers) and, if necessary, to process payments or provide services. For example, we share Data with users about purchases made by their customers through the Kimoby Pay services;
4.4. Authorized third parties.
4.5. Third parties.
We will share Data with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4.6. Safety, legal purposes and law enforcement.
We use and disclose Data as we believe necessary:
- Under applicable law, or payment method rules;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others;
- To respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect PersonaPersonalData within our organization. Unfortunately, no Data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed 100% secure. If you have a reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, or example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
This website allows consumers to opt out of the behavioural advertising delivered by member companies. At the moment, there are no industry standards recognizing "do not track" browser signals, so we do not respond to them.
7. Choice and access
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of Personal Data:
7.1. Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out through the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our services.
7.2. How you can access or change your Personal Data
If emailing us your request, please make clear in the email what Personal Data you would like to change. For your protection, we may only implement requests in rule to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address you used to send us your request and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
8. Retention Period
9. Jurisdiction and cross-border transfer
10. Kimoby as a Data processor.
We may collect, use and disclose certain Personal Data about customers when acting as the User’s service provider. Our Users are responsible for making sure that the customer’s privacy rights are respected, including ensuring appropriate disclosures about third party Data collection and use. To the extent that we are acting as a user’s Data processor, we will process Personal Data in accordance with the terms of our agreement with the user (Account Subscription Agreement) and the user’s lawful instructions.
Attn: Kimoby Legal
Les Logiciels Kimoby
302-633, St-Joseph Est
Quebec City, QC, G1K 3C1
Email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive Data such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, health, etc. in your email.