You can add any custom attributes to a customer profile in Kimoby. Attributes are used to personalize your messages and provide more information on your customers so you can segment your automations and campaigns.
If your account does not have a third-party integration, you will need to manually add custom attributes to your customer profiles by important an Excel spreadsheet.
Make sure your Excel sheet is clean before starting the import:
- No empty or extra rows and columns
- Avoid drop-down lists in your first row
- One value per cell
- No main titles at the top of the excel sheet, except for the column titles
For best results, save your excel sheet as a .csv.
Kimoby needs the customer reference and cell phone numbers. Make sure this information appears in your columns. If the customer reference or cell phone number is missing, it will create customer duplicates.
You can import customer lists from different places in Kimoby.
- If you are looking to add custom attributes while adding a customer list, import your list by clicking on the Customers tab, on the left side of your screen.
- If you are looking to add custom attributes with the goal of setting a new campaign, import your list by clicking on the Groups tab, on the left side of your screen.
- If you are looking to add custom attributes while also setting a new appointment, import your list by clicking on the Appointments tab, on the left side of your screen.
Here are the steps that you need to follow once you've clicked on either Customers, Groups or Appointments.
In Customers, Groups or Appointments
- Click on the Import button, on the left side of your screen.
- Drag and drop your Excel sheet in the Import customers box, or click on browse your files.
- Click on Create import.
- Select the field for which each column belongs to by clicking on the Belongs to scroll-down menu and selecting out of the three Customer new attributes options: New string, New number, and New date.
- New string: Refers to any customer attribute that is not represented by a date or a number.
- New number: Refers to any customer attribute that is represented by a number.
- New date: Refers to any customer attribute that is represented by a date.
- Name your customer attribute under Attribute name.
- If you selected New date, you will need to choose the date format under Format.
- Click on Import.