When writing a text message or creating and editing a preset message, you can add specific fields that Kimoby will fill in for you, using your customer’s or your company's information. These fields are called custom attributes.
Custom attributes can be useful to send messages with personalized information on each customer.
- From the message box, click on the custom attributes icon .
- Choose the custom attribute you wish to use in your message. You can search for a custom attribute or choose one from your recently used, customer, user, company, appointment or event attribute.
After inserting custom attributes in your message, you will notice that they are displayed in yellow.
You can add a fallback value to your custom attribute by clicking on the yellow bubble. A fallback value is the value inserted in your message if Kimoby cannot find the necessary information for your attribute. You can leave it empty and the attribute will not appear in your message.
Once a fallback value added, the custom attribute will be displayed in blue.
You can add as many custom attribute as you wish to, in your messages. As seen in the image below, you can build messages full of custom attributes and they will be sent with your customer's informations.
- Click on Send .
- From a new message or any ongoing conversation, click on the custom attributes icon, above your keyboard.
- Click on the attribute you wish to use or click on Search for a custom attribute to find it.
After inserting a custom attribute in your text message, you will notice that the brackets are separated in two:
- On the left, is the custom attribute that Kimoby will replace automatically with the according data in your text message.
- On the right, is what we call a Fallback value. In case Kimoby cannot find the necessary information for your attribute, you can replace the fallback value with a generic term. Or else, the custom attribute will not appear and will stay blank.
- Once your text message is finished, click on the paper plane icon to send your message.