Assigning a conversation is transferring it to a coworker in order to help you to answer the customer’s question, exchange internal notes, inform your coworker of the message sent from the customer, etc. For example, you might want to assign a conversation to another user when you don't know the answer your customer is asking you.
To assign a specific conversation
Click on the conversation you wish to assign.
- Click on the drop-down menu, at the top of your conversation.
- Select which user you wish to assign the conversation to.
- The conversation will disappear from your list and the user will be notified that a conversation has been assigned to him.
You can also leave your teammate an internal note regarding the conversation you just assigned them.
To assign multiple conversations
- Click on the checkbox on the left side of the customer's name in the conversation list.
- Select the conversations by clicking the boxes one by one and as many as you wish, or click on All on the top of this conversation list.
- Click on the drop-down menu at the top of the conversation list.
Select which user you wish to assign the conversation to.
- The conversations will disappear from your list and the user will be notified that conversations has been assigned to him.